Simplio respects the privacy of every user (Merchants) and complies with all Applicable laws for the protection of data subject privacy, including, without limitation, all required Directives on Data protection regulations of where you are accessing the Simplio apps and services.
Our Privacy Promises
- We value your privacy & data security
- We use data for your best experience with us
- You control your data
2. Personal Information Collection
We process such personal data that you as a user of the Services made available to us, for example upon registration or when using the Services (the Data“).
During the process of your installation and to provide you with the full benefits of the Simplio Application, we will collect some non-sensitive personally identifiable information below;
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Shopify URL
Our servers automatically record some anonymous information for statistical purposes about your usage of the Service and Application such as;
- Referring to URL
- IP Address
- Date and time of Usage
- Device ID
- Device Type
This information we collect about you is not Personal Data and, in any event, remains anonymous. We do not link the anonymous information to any other Personal Data. If you have not identified yourself on the Service and Application, such as by subscribing as a user or logging on as a user, we will not link a record of your usage of our Service and Application.
3. Personal Information Use
We use the information we collect in various ways, including;
- Account Creation: During this process, we ask you only for the data that we need to create an account. The process can be done by our application.
- Communication: Apart from the communications already mentioned above, we can get in touch with you by the different means provided by you, and for the following purposes: To respond to any query or request from you or any user and handle it.
- Improving our Services: We use data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting, and improving the functionality and quality of our app and services. The main goal here is to optimize our service to your needs, making our application easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to use pseudonymized or anonymized data for these analytical purposes.
- Legal Purpose: In certain cases, we may need to use your data to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
4. Personal Information Sharing
We may share some categories of personal information with your consent, and as required by applicable law, with the following third parties;
- Service Providers: Our Service providers assist us in meeting our day-to-day business operations needs including performing certain services and functions, e.g. hosting services, cloud services, email communication software, and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, customer support services, and analytics services. According to our instructions, these parties will not and never sell your personal information other than the instructions given to them from us;
- Professional Advisors: Sometimes when we have some court orders, we may be required to share some personal information with our authorized professional advisors e.g. lawyers and accountants where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render on our behalf;
- Business Transfers: Should we be involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, financing, receivership, bankruptcy, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transfer to a successor or affiliate as part of or following.
- Legal Requirements: Sometimes we may be directed by a court order to disclose your personal information for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above;
However, you reserve the right to stop the sharing of your personal information as directed by the GDPR, please send us a message if you don’t want your personal information to be shared with our authorized third party.
5. Data Retention
We will keep your Personal Data only for as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as required by applicable law. We will take reasonable steps to erase any Personal Data that we hold about you, where:
- We no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected and we are not otherwise entitled to retain such data; and
- We are not required or obligated by law, regulation, or court order to retain the information.
If certain information has been provided to third parties in accordance with this Privacy Statement, retention of that information will be subject to the policies of the relevant third party.
6. Cookies and Beacons
Like any other service and Application, Simplio uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the service and Application that the user accessed. The information is used to optimize the user experience by customizing our application content based on the visitor's browser or device type and/or other information.
- Strictly necessary cookies. We need these cookies to run our application — they let us save your cookie preferences, and keep the service secure. They’re always on.
- Cookies that give you a better browsing experience. These let us tailor the service to your needs, like displaying it in the same language as your browser. We’ll sometimes refer to them as functionality cookies.
- Cookies that help us improve our products. These let us use tools that show us how you interact with our products — Google Analytics, for example. They help us find and fix problems for your use, and they’re also known as analytical or performance cookies.
You can choose to block cookies by activating the settings on your browser that allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access parts of the application. Your browser settings also allow you to delete all cookies stored on your device whenever you wish.
How to Control Cookies
- The Digital Advertising Alliance and Your Online Choices platforms allows you to opt-out cookies across different advertising networks. Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt out of Google Analytics across all applications which use it. This is also available in the Chrome web store.
- Some browsers include a feature known as Do Not Track or DNT. This allows you to indicate a preference that applications should not track you. However, whilst DNT is available in many browsers, applications are not required to recognize its request, so it may not always work. DNT is available in browsers like Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera.
For more information on how private browsing works as well as its limitations, visit the support pages for your browser.
We may use third-party Analytics Providers such as Google Analytics to monitor trends and analyze the use of our app and Services.
You can opt out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page by clicking here.
Our services and Application is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. We comply with the Children's Privacy Protection Policy (COPPA). For this reason, we do not provide nor knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 provided personal information to us please contact us and we will delete that information immediately.
We have put in place numerous technical, organizational, and physical safeguards measures designed to protect the personal information of merchants. However, no online security measures are guaranteed. You agree that your use of The application is at your own risk.
10. Your rights and Choices as provided under the GDPR
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to;
- Exercise of Rights: To exercise the rights defined in this Section, please send a request via e-mail to [email protected]
- Revocation of Consent: You can revoke the consent for future data processing at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of Data processing based on the consent before the revocation.
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not your Data is being processed by us and, if so, (ii) more specific information on the Data. The more specific information concerns, among others, processing purposes, categories of Data, potential recipients, or the duration of storage.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Data concerning you. In case the Data processed by us is not correct, we will rectify these without undue delay and inform you of this rectification.
- Right to Erasure: Should you decide that you do not want us to process your data any further, please send a request via e-mail to [email protected] We will erase your Data immediately and inform you of this process. Should mandatory provisions of law prevent such erasure, we will inform you without undue delay thereof.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to obtain from us a restriction of processing of your Data.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of Data.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you think that the processing of Data infringes applicable law, especially the GDPR.
Learn more about these rights, and find out how you can exercise your rights by sending us a message via [email protected]
11. Data Access Notice
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or a citizen from the United States and have questions about the accuracy of the information that we have collected about you, you can reach us in order to verify and update it, unless we are permitted or required under applicable laws to refuse your access to such information. You may write or email us for such a request at [email protected]
13. Contact Us
To send us your questions, comments, or complaints or receive communications from us kindly email us; [email protected]
Last update: January, 2023